The range of RAMCO’s line of immersion parts washing systems for degreasing industrial parts run the full spectrum for all types of industries. Large and small footprint, built-to-last materials, partially or fully automated, a RAMCO degreasing system offers many performance enhancing features and different configurations such as pre-wash, priecision wash, rinse, rust prevention (as required) and drying in individual modules and consoles. Each system is designed to allow for factoring in the type of material, degree of contamination, cleaning temperature, and the fragility of the parts themselves. In general, RAMCO’s systems fall into several basic categories, types and features:
- In-Process Clean Systems
- Final Clean Systems
- Cellular Systems
- Single Stage Manual Systems including transport elevator.
- Semi-Automated Washing Systems that use roller conveyors for manual linear transferring of parts through the entire process.
- Fully Automated Washing Systems that use patented RamTough Automation for transferring of parts through the entire process.
- Ultrasonic Degreasing Systems, whether partially or fully automated have the benefit of enhance cleaning activity using ultrasonic transducers mounting in the wash and/or rinse stages.
- Platform Oscillation, to move the components to be processed up and down in solution thereby producing a washing motion and changing flow patterns of detergent over, under, around and through surfaces to be cleaned.
- Solution Turbulation, used in conjunction with the elevator up and down motion to increase impingement on areas where soils have accumulated, thorough cleaning parts, and accelerate processing time.
- Parts Washers for Delicate or Complex Parts that will accommodate irregular or highly intricate surface features that are common to electronic or medical parts. These systems can be used with confidence by companies that conserve and recycle swarf.*
An Insider’s Look at Degreasing
A crucial phase in the production and maintenance of industrial parts, is degreasing. The process may be an end in itself or the precursor to another, later process, such as passivation. Also called “fat trimming” or “defatting, “ degreasing effectively strips water-insoluble deposits from the surface of metal, or, in some cases, plastic parts, some fiberglass, or acrylic circuit boards. These deposits may consist of different greases, oils, other lubricants, waxes, fats, tars of carbon deposits.
Depending upon the metal, degreasing may take one or more of various forms:
Aqueous alkaline degreasing deep cleans metals, pretreating them before undergoing further cleaning.
Alkaline degreasing has replaced many toxic applications degreasing methods for the metal industry in favor of non-toxic, non-combustible, less volatile degreasing agents.
RAMCO Systems Keep Pace with the Chemistry
The manufacture of degreasing and parts washing solutions has changed drastically – not just over the past two decades, but in the past few years alone. The adverse impact of chemical agents on the environment is of major concern, and the chemical industry is now subject to more regulations from organizations like OSHA and the EPA; these regulations are designed to mitigate already existing problems caused by years of improper handling and disposal, as well as eliminate volatile and harmful substances that pose a risk to both humans and the environment alike.
Industries that produce the solvent and cleaning agents that are used to clean and otherwise handle degreasing industrial parts are continually coming up with new products that clean as well, if not better than their banned and disused predecessors. In turn, RAMCO, as a leader in the industrial parts washing industry, is at the cusp of the newest developments, making sure that every one of our parts washing systems can function appropriately when utilizing these new substances:
- Mild alkaline, minimal-sudsing cleaners that are perfectly suited for our high-agitation pasrts washers.
- The newest citric acid cleaning agents that a corrosion resistant, biodegradable and sometimes contain anionic surface active components.
- “Green,” maximum strength, biodegradable ideal for degreasing metal and plastic parts of all kinds.
- Enzyme-based. Biodegradable degreaser for hard surfaces that breaks down the layers of grease and/or oil.
- Low-suds enzymatic detergent formulation that removes grease, protein build-up and starch-based contaminants.
- Ninionic, neutral ph surfactant, gentle enough for more vulnerable or reactive metals such as zinc, aluminum, or electronic components.
RAMCO Degreasing Systems: A Value Added Experience
Working with RAMCO you have a partner to help you meet the needs of your industry and its degreasing operations. You are also getting the value added benefits of ongoing advice, service and support. RAMCO’s systems themselves are manufactured and optimized to be a safe, durable and truly dependable fixture in your facility that will handle the tough jobs you need them to do.
Discover RAMCO’s hassle-free systems and their processes of degreasing industrial parts can do for you. Call our factory at 800-553-3650.